Saturday, July 6, 2013

Food Review: Amy's Kitchen Rice Macaroni with Cheddar Style Sauce; Alo Comfort Watermelon + Peach drink

There's different groups of people I would recommend the Amy's Kitchen Rice Macaroni frozen meal to.
The list includes: Vegans, vegetarians, anyone who cannot have gluten, anyone who loves macaroni but has milk intolerance, anyone avoiding soy, and anyone who has tried and enjoys other Amy's Kitchen products.




This was my first time trying this macaroni dish so I wasn't sure what to expect. The total time in the microwave is about 4-5 minutes (depending on how powerful your microwave is). It will take longer if you cook it in the oven or a toaster oven (approximately 30 minutes). I was hungry so I decided to follow the microwave directions. I enjoyed the aroma of the dish as it was cooking.




The above picture is how it turned out after the time in the microwave and then transferring it into another dish. The Rice Macaroni uses Daiya vegan cheddar style shreds for the cheese sauce, if you're a fan of Daiya cheese there's a good chance you'll love this meal. It has a nice rich taste to it.

The texture of the pasta is so similar to gluten filled pasta. I was happy from the first bite to the last as I ate the whole thing. The Daiya cheese adds a nice creaminess to this Rice Macaroni and it's not overly salty tasting. I've tried other gluten free macaroni packages from the store and this one is my favorite. It tastes just like the non-vegan macaroni and cheese which people tend to love. Whether vegan or not this dish has appeal for a wide range of people.




Next up for review is the Alo Comfort Watermelon and Peach drink. Some people have the view "Aloe vera?! I thought that was just for putting on skin!". Aloe Vera and aloe vera juice both have health benefits when you eat or drink them. This drink has aloe vera pieces in it so it's not a smooth drink. If chunks bother you there's always the blending option.

I had never thought of what peach and watermelon would taste like until I tried this drink. The pleasant sweetness hit my taste buds right away. I imagined that I was laying on a tropical beach while enjoying the warmth of the sun.

A while after finishing the bottle 500ml (16.9 oz) bottle I felt energized and ready to go exercise. The first flavor I had tried was called Awaken which has the aloe vera and wheatgrass. From there I've slowly been getting around to trying all the flavors available to me.

I have more mental clarity after sipping on the alo drinks and they're good at quenching thirst. 

--------------------------------------------------------

Question for the readers: What's your favorite pasta dish?

No comments:

Post a Comment