Friday, July 5, 2013

Food Review: Original Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Italian Sausage Links


For dinner one night I felt like having sausage but wanted to try a vegan option so that I can eat less meat while feeling satisfied with my options. Enter the Field Roast Italian Sausage Links. I thought this would be a nice little option to try.


The way that the flavor is described is "made with fresh eggplant and packed with fennel, red wine, garlic and sweet peppers". I wanted to see if this could satisfy my sausage craving compared to sausages made with beef or pork. One of the options for cooking the sausages listed on the wrapper was to saute it in a pan, that was the method I chose. There's a warning to not overcook the links. 

I turned the links in the pan until the sides started to brown up enough and then removed it from the pan.
One of the sausages broke when I tried to roll them out of the pan. That doesn't really affect the taste though - good food will still taste good even if it falls apart a little ;)



After a little bit of thinking on what to have with the sausage links I decided to slice the links up and have it in a bun with some toppings.



They had a good amount of moisture inside and the flavors burst out with each and every bite. I thought that the links had a nice texture to them as well. As someone who enjoys meat a great deal I have to say that I truly enjoyed each and every bit of the sausage link sandwich. It was a satisfying meal for me and filled me up.

Verdict: Worth the cost and would buy again

No comments:

Post a Comment